Dr. Rania Ibrahim, DO, FACOG
Meet Rania Ibrahim, DO, FACOG. Our OB-GYN Specialist, Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
“Practicing medicine and taking care of patients is not only what I do, but is something I truly love to do. Being a good listener and communicator is vital in establishing a relationship with a patient. I strive to listen to my patients, in order to be an advocate for their health. With my adolescent patients that come to the office, their first visit can be a very scary. I like to make the visit very comfortable and easy-going, so they understand that I am not only their doctor, but a friend they can discuss their health concerns with.”
Medical School: Western University of Health Sciences California, Graduated in 2004
Internship/Fellowship: Nassau University Medical Center, NY, an affiliate of the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Completed in 2005
Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology at Nassau University Medical Center, NY. Completed in 2009
Primary Hospital Affiliation: Conroe Regional Medical Center, CHI-St Luke’s-the Woodlands, and Memorial Hermann Medical Center-The Woodlands
Awards and Recognition:
- Chief Resident of the Year, Nassau University Medical Center, Dept. of Ob/Gyn, 2009
- Achievement Award in Laparoscopic Surgery, Nassau University Medical Center, Dept. of Ob/Gyn, 2009
- Best Research Project Award, Nassau University Medical Center, 2009
- Scholar in Training Award, best research poster, American Association for Cancer Research, 2002
Research: Focused in the area of aging as it relates to the development of cancer specifically ovarian cancer.
- Figueroa YG, Chan AK, Ibrahim R, Trang Y, Burrow ME, Alam J, Scandurro AB, Beckman BS. NF-Kappa B plays a key role in hypoxia-inducible-factor-1 regulated erythropoietin gene expression. Exp Hematol. 2002 Dec; 30(12): 1419-27
- Wang J, Ibrahim R, Gish K, Karlan BY, Baldwin RL. Regulating DNA Methylation in Ovarian Cancer: Association with DNA Methyltransferase Expression. Gynecol. Onc.,85: 2003.
- Ibrahim R, Karlan BY, Baldwin RL. Age related DNA methylation of ovarian tissue. Proc.Am. Assoc. Cancer Res. 43:5573, 2002.
- Wang J, Ibrahim R, Karlan BY, Baldwin RL. DNA Methylation of the ovary: Association with age and malignant transformation. Western Association of Gynecelogic Oncologists, Newport Beach, CA, June 2002.
- Wang J, Ibrahim R, Karlan BY, Baldwin RL. Mechanisms regulating BRCA1 promoter methylation in ovarian cancer: Association with DNA methyltransferase expression. Western Association of Gynecelogic Oncologists, Newport Beach, CA, June 2002.
- Wang J, Baldwin RL, Ibrahim R, Karlan BY. Age-related DNA methylation of the ovary: association with malignant transformation. Gynecol. Oncol., 84: Abstract 109, 2002.
- Baldwin RL, Ibrahim R, Wang J, Karlan BY. Age-associated hypermethylation of CpG islands in ovarian tissue. Epigenetics of Cancer: AACR Special Conference in Cancer Research, Palm Desert, CA, October 2001.
- Gutierrez Y, Chan AK, Ibrahim R, Scandurro AB, Beckman BS. Survival signaling pathways in Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells (Hep 3B) Exposed to Hypoxia. Proc. Am. Assoc. Cancer Res. 41:61, 2000.
- Baldwin RL, Tran H, Ibrahim R, Karlan BY. Primary ovarian cancer cell cultures are resistant to Fas-mediated apoptosis despite Fas expression. Proc. Am. Assoc. Cancer Res. 40:1145, 1999
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- International Society of Cosmetogynecology
Hobbies and Special Interests: Traveling, snorkeling, cooking and reading
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology. She lives in Montgomery with her husband and two sons, Leo and Andrew.
female OBGYN obstetrician gynecologist Conroe Texas baby prenatal care specialist obgyn Rania Ibrahim board certified female OBGYN obstetrician gynecologist Conroe Texas baby prenatal care specialist obgyn Rania Ibrahim board certified, OBGYN Rania Ibrahim board certified, female OBGYN Obstetrician Gynecologist specialist Conroe Texas
New Beginnings OB-GYN proudly serves the residents of Montgomery County, Conroe, Willis, The Woodlands, Spring, Magnolia and Cleveland, Texas.
Note: Hospital deliveries and procedures are conveniently offered at Conroe Regional Medical Center, CHI-St Luke’s-The Woodlands, and Memorial Hermann Medical Center-The Woodlands