Montgomery County’s OB-GYN, Dr. Rania IBrahim, will perform an hysteroscopy to inspect the lining of your uterus using a thin tool called a hysteroscope, which has a light and camera attached to it.
To perform the procedure, she inserts the tip of the hysteroscope into your vagina and gently enters the uterus via the cervix to view the lining of the uterus (endometrium) on a TV screen.
Your OB-GYN may also collect a small sample of tissue (biopsy) from the uterus for further examination. If you are suffering from infertility, another surgery called a laparoscopy, may be performed at the same time as a hysteroscopy.
A hysteroscopy is typically performed to:
- Identify the source of severe cramping and/or abnormal bleeding;
- Determine if an abnormality in the shape or size of the uterus is causing infertility;
- View the uterine openings to the fallopian tubes to check for blockage;
- Identify the reason for repeated miscarriages;
- Locate and take out a lost intrauterine device (IUD);
- Locate and remove small fibroids, polyps or other uterine growths;
- Test for endometrial cancer;
- Eliminate any problem areas found in the lining of the uterus;
- Insert a contraceptive implant (such as Essure) as a method of permanent sterilization.
Talk to your doctor about any concerns you have regarding the need for the hysteroscopy, any risks involved, how it will be performed, or what the results will determine.
If you would like more information regarding an hysteroscopy and need a caring and experienced OB-GYN then call the staff at New Beginnings OB-GYN under the direction of Dr. Rania Ibrahim in Conroe, TX.
Don’t wait – call us today at (936) 441-8635 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Are you looking for ObGyn in Conroe TX?
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a Medical Practice located in Montgomery County, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring and Magnolia, Texas offering services from Prenatal care, hot flashes, endometriosis treatment, uterine ablation, pap smear test, urodynamics, hysterectomy surgery, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic surgery, endometrial ablation, hysterectomy etc.
You can work together from the initial consultation to the implementation of your own personal birth plan, and follow-up. Dr. Rania Ibrahim has enormous experience in high risk obstetrics. She is a skilled surgeon and has an excellent and caring team.
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is sympathetic to the needs of women. She is an expert in infertility, menstrual disorders; abnormal pap smears and offers services in the latest keyhole surgery technology.
New Beginnings OB-GYN proudly serves the residents of Montgomery County, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring, and Magnolia, Texas.
Note: Hospital deliveries and procedures are conveniently offered at Conroe Regional Medical Center, CHI-St Luke’s-The Woodlands, and Memorial Hermann Medical Center-The Woodlands