Gynecological issues can range from mild to extremely serious in nature. While most can be easily treated with medication and a physician’s care, it’s important to identify any symptoms early on to prevent further problems from developing. Some gynecological issues can be caught during your annual well woman exam in Conroe, while others are easily spotted at home. To help you maintain your health, here are a few of the most common symptoms of gynecological problems and disorders.
- Menstrual cycles should occur between every 25 and 31 days. Regular menstruation is a sign of good health in every woman and teen. If you notice any bleeding or spotting in between your monthly cycles, it could be an indication that something is wrong. It’s important to report this symptom to your doctor to rule out any major health issues. They may recommend treatments or medications to help regulate your cycles.
- It’s important to pay attention to your monthly menstrual cycles. Your period shouldn’t last for longer than 7 days and shouldn’t be abnormally heavy. If you find that you are losing more blood than normal or that there are large clots in your flow, it could be an indication of a problem. Extreme back pain, dizziness, shortness of breath, and painful cramps are other menstrual symptoms that should also be reported to your physician.
- The frequent need to urinate or a burning sensation while urinating is also a common symptom of gynecological issues. While it’s typically a sign of a urinary tract infection, it could also be the result of something more serious. If you feel the urge to urinate more than normal, consider speaking to your doctor.
- Menstrual cramps occur in over half of women. While they may be uncomfortable, they should never cause extreme amounts of pain. If you begin to experience pain or pressure that is different from what you normally experience around your period, it could be a sign of something more serious. Check in with your doctor to explore your health options.
- It you are experiencing any itching, burning, swelling, redness, soreness, or sores and lumps in the genital area, it’s important to speak with your doctor. These could be symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases or other serious issues. Receiving treatment as soon as possible can provide relief and prevent further problems.
- While a little bit of discharge is normal, it shouldn’t cause irritation or contain a foul odor. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, it’s important to speak with your doctor. You may be experiencing a vaginal or yeast infection.
- If you and your spouse have been trying to conceive for more than a few months, it’s important to consult with your gynecologist. Infertility issues are becoming increasingly common. While they could be due to a number of different issues, the only way to know for sure is by meeting with your doctor and discussing the symptoms that you are experiencing.
There are many symptoms that indicate serious gynecological conditions in Conroe. If you are experiencing any of the above issues or have additional questions, it’s a good idea to speak with your gynecologist. With their help, you can get the treatment and information you need to improve your health.