Mirena and ParaGard IUD
For women who are seeking a safe, low-maintenance, and very effective birth control option, an intrauterine device (IUD) could be right for you. According to OB-GYN Montgomery County Dr. Rania Ibrahim, the two main types of IUDs are ParaGard and Mirena.
Let’s discuss the difference between them.
- It prevents pregnancy by releasing a very small dose of progesterone each day, which goes to work only in the area surrounding the uterus. Because it contains no estrogen, it has fewer hormonal side effects than a regular birth control pill.
- Some women experience irregular bleeding – which is not heavy or painful – for three to six months following insertion.
- After the IUD has been in place for six months, the patient’s periods typically stop completely or lessen in their intensity.
- Most women who use them typically experience heavier and longer periods accompanied by more cramping during the first few months. After six months, most patients report that their menstrual periods have returned to normal.
- This IUD guards against pregnancy by the use of a small copper wire that wraps around it. It includes no hormones, making it the most-effective non-hormonal birth control method available today.
So what do Mirena and ParaGard have in common?
- They are regarded as one of the most effective birth control methods available.
- They’re safe for most women, whether or not they’ve had a baby.
- They’re small in size and only about as thick as a string on a tampon.
- Covered by many insurers, they are affordable and sometimes available for free at family planning clinics.
- They’re easy to insert – usually only taking about one minute – at the office of your Montgomery County OB-GYN.
- They’re long-lasting and can be removed at any time.
If you are interested in learning more about your IUD options, and need a caring and experienced OB-GYN Montgomery TX residents rely on the professional and caring staff at New Beginnings OB-GYN under the direction of Dr. Rania Ibrahim in Conroe, TX.
Don’t wait – call us today at (936) 441-8635 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Are you looking for ObGyn in Conroe TX?
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a Medical Practice located in Montgomery County, Conroe, Willis, The Woodlands, Spring and Magnolia, Huntsville Texas offering services from Prenatal care, hot flashes, endometriosis treatment, uterine ablation, pap smear test, urodynamics, hysterectomy surgery, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic surgery, endometrial ablation, hysterectomy etc.
You can work together from the initial consultation to the implementation of your own personal birth plan, and follow-up. Dr. Rania Ibrahim has enormous experience in high risk obstetrics. She is a skilled surgeon and has an excellent and caring team.
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is sympathetic to the needs of women. She is an expert in infertility, menstrual disorders; abnormal pap smears and offers services in the latest keyhole surgery technology.
New Beginnings OB-GYN proudly serves the residents of Montgomery County, Conroe, Willis, The Woodlands, Spring, Magnolia and Cleveland, Texas.
Note: Hospital deliveries and procedures are conveniently offered at Conroe Regional Medical Center, CHI-St Luke’s-The Woodlands, and Memorial Hermann Medical Center-The Woodlands