Nexplanon is a small, pliable birth control implant, which measures just 4 centimeters in length. Your OB-GYN will place it inconspicuously under the skin on the inside of your upper arm. It provides up to three years of continuous pregnancy prevention without the need for a daily, weekly, or monthly routine.
How is it inserted?
Although the insertion procedure is quick and simple, the Nexplanon contraceptive implant should only be inserted by a specially-trained health care professional.
Following is a quick summary of the procedure:
- It will be inserted while you’re lying on your back with the arm that the implant is to be inserted into is slightly bent at the elbow and turned outward.
- The site for the insertion will be disinfected and the area will be numbed with a local anesthetic.
- The skin that covers the site will be stretched slightly to allow the needle to be inserted immediately beneath it.
- Your OB-GYN will insert the Nexplanon implant and then check to ensure that it is positioned properly.
- A sterilized dressing and a pressure bandage – which can be removed after 24 hours – will be placed over the area of the insertion to minimize bruising.
- Your OB-GYN will provide a leaflet and a user card detailing the location of the implant, the date it was inserted and the latest date that it should be removed or replaced to continue preventing pregnancy.
Once inserted, Nexplanon implants are over 99% effective, and can be removed at any time.
If you are interested in learning more about Nexplanon, then call the caring staff at New Beginnings OB-GYN under the direction of Dr. Rania Ibrahim in Conroe, TX.
Don’t wait – call us today at (936) 441-8635 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Are you looking for ObGyn in Conroe TX?
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a Medical Practice located in Montgomery County, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring and Magnolia, Texas offering services from Prenatal care, hot flashes, endometriosis treatment, uterine ablation, pap smear test, urodynamics, hysterectomy surgery, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic surgery, endometrial ablation, hysterectomy etc.
You can work together from the initial consultation to the implementation of your own personal birth plan, and follow-up. Dr. Rania Ibrahim has enormous experience in high risk obstetrics. She is a skilled surgeon and has an excellent and caring team.
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is sympathetic to the needs of women. She is an expert in infertility, menstrual disorders; abnormal pap smears and offers services in the latest keyhole surgery technology.
New Beginnings OB-GYN proudly serves the residents of Montgomery County, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring, and Magnolia, Texas.
Note: Hospital deliveries and procedures are conveniently offered at Conroe Regional Medical Center, CHI-St Luke’s-The Woodlands, and Memorial Hermann Medical Center-The Woodlands