STD Testing and Treatment
Everyone who is sexually active should be screened for sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s) on an ongoing basis by New Beginning’s OB-GYN in Montgomery County, Dr. Rania Ibrahim.
Because STD’s are pretty common and can often remain undetected, testing is of the utmost importance, especially if you have more than one sexual partner. This is true even if you use condoms every time you engage in sexual intercourse.
Your OB-GYN at New Beginnings will establish the type and frequency of your STD testing after she determines whether or not you possess any known risk factors.
Following are some of the more commonplace types of STD’s.
- Chlamydia: This type of STD is commonly triggered by bacteria, which can ultimately cause irreparable damage to a woman’s reproductive organs.
- Gonorrhea: This condition can exist in anyone who is sexually active. It can ultimately impact a woman’s ability to have children if not properly treated.
- HIV: This permanent virus can lead to AIDS if not treated quickly and correctly.
- Syphilis: Often contracted through sexual intercourse, this is a bacterial virus that usually begins as a painless sore on the genitals, rectum or mouth.
- Hepatitis: This disease is usually spread through semen by coming in contact with blood containing the hepatitis C virus.
- Genital Herpes: This commonly transmitted infection results in pain, itching and sores in the genital area of both men and women.
Testing for STD’s is performed by your OB-GYN using a urine test, a swab from the cervix or a blood sample, which is analyzed in the lab to detect any abnormalities.
Your OB-GYN suggests having at least one HIV test for her patients who are between the ages of 13 and 64 and once a year for those who are at a higher risk.
If you think that you may have contracted an STD and need a caring and experienced OB-GYN in Montgomery TX. Our residents rely on the professional and caring staff at New Beginnings OB-GYN under the direction of Dr. Rania Ibrahim in Conroe, TX.
Don’t wait – call us today at (936) 441-8635 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Are you looking for ObGyn in Livingston TX?
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a Medical Practice located in Montgomery County, Conroe, Willis, The Woodlands, Spring and Magnolia, Huntsville Texas offering services from Prenatal care, hot flashes, endometriosis treatment, uterine ablation, pap smear test, urodynamics, hysterectomy surgery, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic surgery, endometrial ablation, hysterectomy etc.
You can work together from the initial consultation to the implementation of your own personal birth plan, and follow-up. Dr. Rania Ibrahim has enormous experience in high risk obstetrics. She is a skilled surgeon and has an excellent and caring team.
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is sympathetic to the needs of women. She is an expert in infertility, menstrual disorders; abnormal pap smears and offers services in the latest keyhole surgery technology.
New Beginnings OB-GYN proudly serves the residents of Montgomery County, Conroe, Willis, The Woodlands, Spring, Magnolia and Cleveland, Texas.
Note: Hospital deliveries and procedures are conveniently offered at Conroe Regional Medical Center, CHI-St Luke’s-The Woodlands, and Memorial Hermann Medical Center-The Woodlands