Dr. Rania Ibrahim uses a sonohysterogram to look at the inside of her patients’ uterus to help determine the cause of bleeding or problems they may be experiencing with conceiving.
A sonohysterogram is typically performed because a normal ultrasound was unable to determine the cause of heavy bleeding, repeated miscarriages, or trouble conceiving.
This procedure is used to inspect the inside of the uterus for such things as:
- A shape or structure that is not considered to be normal;
- Fibroids, polyps or other abnormal growths or masses;
- Adhesions/scars that have developed inside the uterus.
A sonohysterogram is performed in just a few steps:
- While the patient lays very still, the tip of an ultrasound wand with gel on it is gently inserted into your vagina by your OB-GYN.
- Next, your OB-GYN inserts a smooth, curved tool (speculum) into your vagina, which gently squeezes the vaginal walls outward, allowing her to see the cervix. The cervix is cleaned and a catheter is inserted into the cervix.
- The OB-GYN then removes the speculum and reinserts the ultrasound wand, while the image shows the inside of your uterus and ultrasound images are taken.
Note: Your OB-GYN will not perform a sonohysterogram if you are pregnant or currently have a pelvic infection.
If you would like more information regarding a sonohysterogram and need a caring and experienced OB-GYN then call the professional and caring staff at New Beginnings OB-GYN under the direction of Dr. Rania Ibrahim in Conroe, TX.
Don’t wait – call us today at (936) 441-8635 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Are you looking for ObGyn in The Woodlands TX?
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a Medical Practice located in Montgomery County, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring and Magnolia, Texas offering services from Prenatal care, hot flashes, endometriosis treatment, uterine ablation, pap smear test, urodynamics, hysterectomy surgery, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic surgery, endometrial ablation, hysterectomy etc.
You can work together from the initial consultation to the implementation of your own personal birth plan, and follow-up. Dr. Rania Ibrahim has enormous experience in high risk obstetrics. She is a skilled surgeon and has an excellent and caring team.
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is sympathetic to the needs of women. She is an expert in infertility, menstrual disorders; abnormal pap smears and offers services in the latest keyhole surgery technology.
New Beginnings OB-GYN proudly serves the residents of Montgomery County, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring, and Magnolia, Texas.
Note: Hospital deliveries and procedures are conveniently offered at Conroe Regional Medical Center, CHI-St Luke’s-The Woodlands, and Memorial Hermann Medical Center-The Woodlands