Urodynamic testing for urinary incontinence is performed by New Beginning’s OB-GYN, Dr. Rania Ibrahim, to evaluate the function and efficiency of the patient’s bladder. The actual tests that are prescribed typically vary from patient to patient.
Some urodynamic testing procedures are relatively simple and can be performed in your OB-GYN’s office. However, more complicated tests typically require expensive and sophisticated devices needed to measure the amount of pressure being felt by the bladder and urethra.
What happens during basic urodynamic testing?
- The patient is instructed to arrive with a full bladder.
- The patient will urinate into a container, so the volume of urine and the rate at which the bladder empties can be gauged.
- A thin, flexible tube is then inserted into the bladder through the urethra, and the volume of any remaining urine in the bladder can be gauged. Patients may experience a slight burning sensation when the catheter is inserted into the bladder.
- The bladder is then filled with water through the catheter until the patient has an urge to urinate so the amount of water in the bladder can be measured. More water may be added while the patient resists urinating until involuntary urination occurs.
Why Are Urodynamic Tests Performed?
Urodynamic testing may be prescribed when:
- The patient experiences moderate to severe involuntary release of urine;
- More testing is required to determine the cause of the incontinence;
- Your OB-GYN believes that there is more than one cause for your incontinence;
- The patient is considering having surgery.
If you’re interested in more information regarding urodynamic testing, then please don’t hesitate to contact the staff at New Beginnings OB-GYN.
Don’t wait – call us today at (936) 441-8635 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Are you looking for ObGyn in The Woodlands TX?
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a Medical Practice located in Montgomery County, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring and Magnolia, Texas offering services from Prenatal care, hot flashes, endometriosis treatment, uterine ablation, pap smear test, urodynamics, hysterectomy surgery, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic surgery, endometrial ablation, hysterectomy etc.
You can work together from the initial consultation to the implementation of your own personal birth plan, and follow-up. Dr. Rania Ibrahim has enormous experience in high risk obstetrics. She is a skilled surgeon and has an excellent and caring team.
Dr. Rania Ibrahim is sympathetic to the needs of women. She is an expert in infertility, menstrual disorders; abnormal pap smears and offers services in the latest keyhole surgery technology.
New Beginnings OB-GYN proudly serves the residents of Montgomery County, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring, and Magnolia, Texas.
Note: Hospital deliveries and procedures are conveniently offered at Conroe Regional Medical Center, CHI-St Luke’s-The Woodlands, and Memorial Hermann Medical Center-The Woodlands